Preparing for Your Body Sugaring Hair Removal Appointment
Body Sugaring Pre-Treatment Advice
- For best results, do not exfoliate the day before, the day of, or the day after treatment. Otherwise, exfoliate and moisturize your skin regularly!
- It is best not to tan or exercise prior to treatment.
- Don’t apply creams or lotions prior to treatment. The exception to this would be the BodySoothe™ After Care Lotion.
- We suggest you DO NOT schedule your appointment:
- while on antibiotics
- if you think you may have a virus
- during your menstrual cycle, as you may be more sensitive
- Do not use razors or depilatory creams between treatments, as this will interfere with your goal to refine and diminish your hair growth, and to have smooth, healthy skin.
- Regularly exfoliate using spa massage gloves.
- Regularly cleanse and hydrate with products recommended by your Therapist. This will ensure your skin is in the best possible condition before and after treatment.
- Remember extraction of the hair at 1/8” or less on a regular basis leads to permanency.
- If you’re new to Body Sugaring or you haven’t been sugared in a while, stop shaving or using any other method of hair removal 7 to 10 days before your service. There is no need to let your hair grow out for several weeks before sugaring.
Body Sugaring Post-Treatment Advice
- We recommend waiting 24 hours before exposing your skin to the sun, tanning beds or infrared lamps.
- Wait 48-72 hours before spray tanning because chemicals in some products may irritate open follicles.
- Do not exercise immediately following treatment.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting garments immediately following treatment. We recommend bringing clean, white, cotton undergarments to wear after bikini services and a clean, white, cotton shirt to wear after having your chest or back sugared.
- Medical experts recommend abstaining from sexual activity for the first 48 hours after any type of bikini sugaring. Your body is most susceptible during this time to outside bacteria which can cause infection.
- Slight pinking of the skin is normal and should disappear within a few hours. To help reduce redness and any discomfort, apply ice to the sugared area for a few minutes.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing the skin after treatment. Itching may be experienced due to increased blood flow to the area sugared. Soaking in Dead Sea Salts or using salt compresses can help alleviate this. Limit soaking or compress to 15 minutes then rinse skin. For compresses dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of Dead Sea Salt in 1/4 cup of water. Additionally, hydrocortisone cream may be used to reduce inflammation as long as no medical reasons prohibit its use.
- Avoid perfume soaps or products with chemical irritants, and makeup 12 hours following a facial treatment.
- Do not apply any of your own face creams or lotions for 24 hours.
- Following your bikini, underarm, chest or back treatment, your Therapist will apply a Hungarian Mud Mask. This will reduce inflammation and calm the skin. An After Sugar Lotion will then be applied to hydrate your skin.
- Ask your Certified Sugaring Practitioner about pre and post care treatment products developed specifically for your Body Sugaring treatment.